When specifying a long path, usually a network path, in the Select Source File field of the Database | Import | Import Table Data wizard, an Invalid Pointer error occurs, which could lead to Toad hanging the session.
1. Put a data file such as an Excel file on a very long network path or even a long local path.
2. Go to Database | Import | Import Table Data wizard
3. Select the table, click show data, click NEXT, select the Excel file
4. Now, click next all the way through, it imports, but should give you some sort of error, click OK.
5. Now if Toad brings you back to the beginning of the import data, click on "truncate icon" and click NEXT all the way through to import again, now this time, you should get "Invalid Pointer Error".
NOTE: Toad may also hang the session, you will need to do a Windows 'End Task'.
A very long path name specified in the file path.
Move the file to a shorter path or a local drive with a shorter path.
Waiting for fix in a future release of Toad for Oracle.