How to Import an Excel XLS file to a given Database table?
NOTE: There are options throughout the wizard that you can customize to your needs. Here is one example.
1. In the Schema Browser, choose the tables and select the table you want to import your Excel Data to.
2. Right click the Table and choose "Import from Text, Excel or Access"
3. Uncheck 'Grid is read only' and choose the table
4. Click on "Show Data" to see what Data are in the Table and click 'Next'
5. On the next Screen click on Import-file=Excel file and choose the File you want to import, them go to next.
6. In the Dialogue "Specify Source Data Details" change the field 'First Row' to 2 and click on next
7. In the upcoming Dialogue you choose the second choice 'Map Fields Sequentially"
8. In the Dialogue "Verify Mappings and Specify Primary Keys" remove the letters for columns that you don't want to import or that cant match the column-type and click next.
9. In the Preview results just click to next.
10. In the next Dialogue 'Specify Import Mode' choose 'Commit after each record' and 'Apply changes to Database Object'
11. Import Mode should be to: "Append: Add records to the destination Table" and 'Unidirectional Dataset'
12. Choose also the Before Import and After Import actions (for example: Truncate Table, 'Disable all constraints' and 'Disable all triggers')
14. Then go to Execute
15. After this please click on commit to check if there is any problem with committing the data.
This should have imported the Excel data. For more information, please go to HELP | Contents and search for Import Table Data or hit F1 from the import wizard screen to bring up the help information.