Can I permanently change the NLS_DATE_FORMAT in Toad, so I can connect with your permanent setting every time? I've modified the setting in the Database by accessing through Toad, but it only allows me to change it per session.
There is no way of setting NLS_DATE_FORMAT to be permanent in Toad. As a reminder, TOAD is primarily a GUI based upon Oracle permissions and principles.
You can try the following steps to make the NLS_DATE_FORMAT for your Oracle Client to your desired setting. Please note that Quest Software can not be held responsible for any damage caused to your machine through tampering with the registry.
1) Go to your local registry (Start | Run | Regedit)
2) Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\HOMEx (where x is the home number you are currently using)
3) On the right hand panel, right-click and select "New" | "String Value"
4) Type in the name NLS_DATE_FORMAT
5) Double-click on this entry and input the value of date format you wish to use
6) Hit F5 to refresh
Disclaimer : Quest does not provide support for problems that arise from improper modification of the registry. The Windows registry contains information critical to your computer and applications. Make sure you back up the registry before modifying it. For more information on the Windows Registry Editor and how to back up and restore it, refer to Microsoft Article ID 256986 "Description of the Microsoft Windows registry": http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=256986