How to integrate or set up Toad for Oracle's Team Coding with Microsoft Visual Source Safe version control system.
The following steps outline how to integrate Microsoft Visual Source Safe (VSS) 6.0d with Toad for Oracle 9.0.
1. The VSS client must be installed and configured on the machine. You should be able to login and check out objects using the VSS client before attempting to configure it with Toad.
2. Launch Toad and connect to the database. Go to the menu Database | Administer | Server Side Objects Wizard.
3. Use the wizard to set up the database objects needed for Team Coding. You will likely need a DBA user account on the database to do this.
4. Choose to install objects, whether for use for all or just a single user. Log into the database and choose to install Team Coding objects.
5. Continue through the wizard and specify additional information if necessary, specifying the tablespaces, execute the script to create the objects and select or add who is allowed to administer the Team Coding objects.
6. Once Team Coding is installed go back into Toad. Go into the Utilities menu | Team Coding | Team Coding Status. There should be a green check mark for Team Coding Support Installed. Click the settings button. Check all the boxes and select Microsoft Visual Source Safe from the list. And click OK.
7. You should be prompted to log into Microsoft Visual Source Safe. Once logged in, the Team Coding Statuses should checked off. If you get errors, click on the Message button to see the error message in full.
8. You have now configured VSS to work with Team Coding. Continue to create Code Control Groups for your VSS Projects and export the database to VSS or import from VSS. Additional information can be found in the Toad Help menu.