After upgrading Toad I cannot connect to my databases. I get an "ORA-12170: TNS:Connect timeout occurred" error. I tested my connection with different clients. I was able to connect through SQL Plus, but not through Toad.
The install of Tuning during the initial installation process of Toad is causing a conflict in connection.
First review issue with solution #7712 "Common Oracle connection problems for Toad." If this does not address the issue use one of the following suggestions.
1. Install Toad without SQL Tuning. (Uninstall previous install as needed and reinstall in new directory.)
2. Install SQL Tuning separately through the TOADSQLTuning.exe. (By default it is located in the install directory under the Tuning_Lab folder).
1. Uninstall just SQL Tuning by going to Start | Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs.
2. Find Quest SQL Tuning and choose to remove.
3. Test the connection.
4. If you can connect, close Toad and reinstall SQL Tuning through the TOADSQLTuning.exe. (By default it is located in the install directory under the Tuning_Lab folder).