The "at-cursor-watch" is by default enabled in TOAD for Oracle 9.0. So, when a user hovers his cursor over a variable in the debug mode, the value of the variable will appear. When an upgrade is done from a previous version of TOAD, the at-cursor-watch becomes disabled in TOAD 9.0.
Perform the following
1. Close out the all editors. (VERY IMPORTANT)
2. Got to View | TOAD Options
3. In the left panel, select Debugger.
4. In the right panel, check "Allow watch on package variables."
5. Open up editor and run debugger.
6. Hover your cursor over the variables and the values will show up.