How to create code control group (CCG)?
*Note: Code Control Groups must be enabled to create a new CCG.
*Note: Specifying Team Coding roles is needed to grant permissions to administer CCG's. Check for permissions under Team Coding | Team Coding Status.
To enable your CCGs
1. On the Team Coding menu, choose Team Coding Status. The Team Coding Status dialog box appears.
2. Click Settings. The Team Coding Settings appear for this connection. In the Team Coding Features area, select Use Code Control Groups.
3. You now have the option to Use 3rd Party Version Control. The list will contain only the version control products you have installed for use. If you are using SCC API Team Coding, later choosing the Version Control Browser will launch the user interface of the third party product instead.
To create a CCG
1. From the Toad menu bar, choose Team Coding|Code Control Groups, or on the Team Coding toolbar, click the Code Control Groups button.
2. In the Code Control Groups toolbar, click the Add Group button.
3. If a login window appears, provide the needed information.
4. In the New Group dialog box, enter a descriptive name for the Group.
5. If you are using a third party Version Control System (VCS), select a VCS project by following the prompts in the dialog boxes that appear, which vary depending on the product in use. The Code Control Group window appears.
If you are not using a VCS, the Code Control Group window appears immediately.
6. In the Code Control Group window, create New Object and script mask definitions for the current CCG.
When this option is used, if an object is not referenced by a CCG, it is not under Team Coding control.
Once CCGs have been configured, users may start using Team Coding features immediately, as objects or scripts will be automatically added to the Version Control System as they are modified.