NOTE: Make sure the new Toad installation is installed in another directory so that the old installation is not overwritten.
1. Start the New Toad installation, and click on Cancel in the LOGIN Screen
2. Go to View Menu > Options > Oracle
3. Check both "Save passwords for Oracle connections" AND "Encrypt saved passwords"
4. Click OK and exit Toad
5. Open the Old Toad.ini file from the old Toad installation
6. Scroll down to (almost at the very bottom of the file):
LASTCONNECT=12/19/2001 06:11:42 AM
7. There should be several of these entries, and they are numbered as [LOGIN1], [LOGIN2], as so on.
8. Highlight all of them, and do CTRL + C
9. Open the New Toad.ini file from the new Toad installation
10.Scroll down to (almost at the very bottom of the file):
NOTE: If there are [LOGIN#] entries already present in the New Toad.ini file, you will need to either re-number them or overwrite them. Just make sure that there are no [LOGIN#] entries with the same number.
11. Put cursor right on top of the above entry
12. Do CTRL + V
13. The LOGIN information is pasted
14. Save and exit the New Toad.ini file
15. Start you New Toad installation
16. The Usernames & Passwords should now be displayed in the Log-In Screen