Toad won't launch or startup, loads into task manager, and uses 99% of CPU.
1. Shut down Toad for Oracle.
2. Browse to the user files directory, default C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle\User Files
3. Locate the file SavedSQL.xml.
4. Rename it SavedSQL.old.
5. Try launching Toad for Oracle.
Other files to try testing; connections.ini, toad.ini, desktops.xml.
If the issue is found to be SavedSQL.xml and you wish to save the contents of the file, try the following:
1. Open the original SavedSQL.xml in a text editor.
2. Copy and paste the contents into a new text file.
3. Save the new text file as SavedSQL.xml.
4. Place the new file in the User Files directory.
1. Have user do parallel install or install into a new directory side by side with old install.
2. Check if the new install launches properly.
3. If new install runs properly, copy user files over one by one.
4. For each file copied over, re-test issue. You may find one of the files is corrupted.
Check if user has anti-virus or firewall that is shutting Toad down when it starts up.