In a dual monitor work environment, if Toad is closed in the right (second) monitor, it will not appear once a user connects using remote desktop. Toad will appear on the left (first) monitor; therefore, it will not show on the user's screen.
1. In the office - open Toad, use it in the second monitor
2. Log out having Toad in the right monitor
3. From home - login to office PC via remote desktop
4. Start Toad - Toad opens up in the office PC's right monitor (in the office) - but remote desktop ONLY shows the office PC's left monitor, so could NOT see Toad at all (via remote desktop connection).
1) Make sure that Toad is closed down.
2) Locate your Toad.ini file in your "C:\Program Files\Quest Software\TOAD folder (assuming you took the default directory when installing Toad):
3) In the TOAD.INI file: make the following modifications:
AppMaxed = 0 (1 means Toad window is in a Maximized state WHEREVER it is - left or right screen)
LEFT=138 (This should be less than 200 - this is the Toad Main Window)
Note: AppMaxed and [MAINFORM] goes hand-in-hand; you have to have AppMaxed as ZERO for the LEFT=XXX value in [MAINFORM] to take effect.
LEFT=148 (This should be less than 200 - this is the Login Dialog box)