A table includes data with foreign characters and symbols (i.e. Greek, Italian, etc). When executing a query from these tables (SELECT * FROM ...), TOAD returns the data correctly in the results pane; however, when saving the data as an "XLS file", foreign fonts are not displayed correctly in the generated Excel file.
Multi-byte charactersets are not supported in any versions of TOAD, except Toad for Oracle International 7.5.4.
Multi-byte character sets are not supported in any versions of TOAD, except Toad for Oracle International 7.5.4. When working with multi-byte character sets it is highly recommended that the Toad for Oracle International version be used.
Save the data as "XLS Instance" instead of "XLS File".
1) Select to save the file as a Delimited Text file when using the "Save as" option.
2) Import the delimited text file into an Excel file.
1) Exit out of TOAD.
2) Locate your TOAD.ini file, located at "C:\Program Files\Quest Software\TOAD\User Files" directory.
3) Open the file using a Text Editor and search for the "[SAVEAS]" section.
4) Insert the following into this section: XLSWideStrings=1
5) Save the changes and close the file.
6) Restart TOAD and retest the issue.
Waiting fix in a future release of TOAD.
Note - This problem does not exist in TOAD 8.5.