I try to connect to our DB, I keep getting the following error:
ERROR  [IBM] SQL5048N The release level of the database client is not supported by the release level of the database server.
Database Connection Information
Database server = DB2/6000 8.2.4
We finally found out the reason is that customer has "AUTHENTICATION SERVER" at the catalog script.
Customer have to remove the "AUTHENTICATION SERVER" from the catalog script. Below are the steps to do so:
1. If Toad is still installed, navigate to C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad for DB2 2.0\DB2 Client\TOADCOM (or TOADB25 if 2.5 beta) and rename/remove the DB2 catalog folders SQLDBDIR, SQLNODIR and SQLGWDIR.
2. Start Toad and open the new connection dialog. If/when the dialog prompts to import an existing catalog click cancel. At this point the connection details panel in the new connection dialog should display SQL1027N The node directory cannot be found.
3. From the new connection dialog, click on the client configuration wizard icon to the right of the database alias field.
4. Choose manual configuration and fill in the connection details. When you get the option to specify authentication choose server.
5. When you get to the catalog script review screen, edit the script and remove the authentication line completely remembering to add the ; to the end of the AT NODE on the previous line.
6. Click Finish and try to connect.
Alternatively if you want to export an existing catalog you can use the db2cfexp filename maintain from their existing DB2 v8 client copy and then import the file from the TOADCOM v9 DB2 command window: db2cfimp filename. But please try the manual config first to limit the info contained in the DB2 catalogs to 1 entry.
Enhancement submitted to update the client config wizard to include an option for not specifying the authorization type.
Enhancement request ER201753 has been submitted to Development for consideration in a future release of Toad for DB2.