In DB Explorer, trying to use filter icon and build multi-column filter to a SQL server database table. It will only take the first column, if I add a second column; the filter icon reverts to empty (gray).
In addition, if I attempt to change a single column filter, to a different column, Toad Data Point (TDP) won’t do it. I have to close the DB explorer and reopen to define a new single-column filter.
If at any time, the any of the two scenarios were invoked, then the DB Explorer would be gray instead of green. One would need to close the DB Explorer, and re-open a fresh DB Explorer, to run a filter.
Testing against Toad for Data Analysts 2.7 I didn't have this issue.
How to replicate:
1. Using the NORTHWINDS.[dbo].[Employees] table, View details | Data tab
2. Click on the filter icon
3. Run a single column WHERE clause like >>> City LIKE 'LONDON'
4. The data set returns only records with London.
5. The filter icon is green.
6. Returning to Filter icon, this time use double column WHERE, like >>>
City LIKE 'LONDON'
AND Title LIKE 'M%'
7. The data set returns alls records as if no filter was set.
8. The filter icon is gray. The filter behaves like it has not been set. TDP should recognize this a new filter and should be set green.
9. To run another filter, one needs to close this Data Explorer and re-open another Data Explorer
The multi-column filter will work when saved it as a 'named' filter.
Waiting for fix in future release for Toad Data Point.