The Toad Data Point installation instructions says, "To run Toad, the .NET security policy must be set to Unrestricted." It then gives the following instructions to set it to Unrestricted.
To modify the security policy:
1. Select Control Panel from the Windows Start menu.
2. Double-click Administrative Tools.
3. Double-click Microsoft .NET Framework version Configuration.
4. Select My Computer, and then select the Runtime Security Policy node.
5. Select Evaluate Assembly from the list of tasks in the right panel, and locate
and select Toad.exe in the File field.
6. Click Next and set the permission to Unrestricted.
When we get to step 5, we get the following error when selecting Toad.exe as the assembly in the file field.
“Unable to load assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Quest Softwarwe\Toad Data Point 3.2\toad.exe"
This setting is no longer applicable and the documentation will be changed. You do not need to have the .NET security policy set to Unrestricted.