Is there a way to export the Automation scripts and jobs scheduled, from one server or desktop, and import into another?
It's recommended to use Toad Intelligence Central (TIC) to have all automation scripts centralized instead of copying those files in each user station. Toad Data Point does not have an automatic tool to import/export automation scripts. A copy of the files must be done to any new station if TIC is not used.
When you schedule an Automation script in Toad data Point, a Windows scheduled task is created.
To copy the automation script files from Toad Data Point:
1) Save the file in any local folder in your environment. The extension of the file is .tas.
2) Save the Export template file (.txp file) that is defined in Activity Input tab.
3) Perform a copy of the .tas file and .txp file in the new station.
NOTE: Replicate the same folder location for .tas and .txp file. If not, it will be necessary to manually change the html encoded in both files to change the route.
4) Migrate the Windows scheduled tasks.
4.1) Using the Job Manager, export all jobs to Excel so you know how they were scheduled.
NOTE: Going through Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Task Scheduler, you will be able to see the tasks scheduled. To retrieve more information about this, please go to Microsoft documentation.
4.2) Reschedule the jobs in the new station. It's not recommended to copy windows tasks.
4.3) Open every automation script in the new station Toad Data Point and see if it's necessary to modify any configuration:
- "Embed files into automation script" option must be checked. This embeds all depend files such as export wizard, sql, etc.
- Make sure all outputh paths are available to the pc location and user id. If you are moving to a new domain or running as a different user, the destination paths may not be accessible.
4.4) Test every automated script.
NOTE: You should have all db clients needed for the scripts installed in the new station. If not, automation scripts and relative scheduled jobs will not work.