How to setup different connect credentials on one PeopleSoft environment
How do you setup a different connect id password (different password for user ‘people’) for one PeopleSoft environment in a DTAP environment?
Ideally the connect ID/Password has to be the same on Staging and Target environments
This can be done as a pre and post migration step to change the passwords.
You can create the pre-migration step as follows:
- Go to Maintenance | Domain Specific | Pre Migration step | click the new button.
- Choose custom command.
- Give any name to the step for example: Update staging password.
- Select Peoplesoft proprietary object from the drop down list.
- Select project as object type and select the target db.
- Now click on the define command button. You will need to enter the commands to change the password in the “commands with parameters” window on bottom left.
Please note that this pre-migration step will only invoke if there is a project object type in the csr.