When trying to add a batch job in the batch optimizer, the following error message is shown:
'The value can not be NULL Parametername: path1'
This happens with different database connections.
Steps to reproduce the problem:
1. Open Batch Optimizer
2. Add code to optimize
3. Select "Database Objects" from list
4. Select the connection
5. When trying to open a procedure, view or package from the database objects list, the error occurs.
This error can occur if there are multiple Oracle Homes on the machine, and the connecting default Oracle Home is Invalid.
Please check if there are any invalid Oracle Homes on the machine and ensure that the invalid Home is not used as the default Home.
To check this:
1. Please click 'Connection' to open the Connection Manager window.
2. Click the "Connect Using" drop down to see the list of Oracle Home.
3. Select a valid Home to use and then check the "Make this the default home for SQL Optimizer".
4. Then try again by connecting to the database where the problem was happening before.
The Oracle Home can only be set only when not connected to any database. Please perform the above steps after launching SQL Optimizer and before making a connection.