Steps taken to encounter the error:
1. Click on " Quest Code Tester for Oracle" icon on the desktop.
2. Click on "Login and Create new test"
3. Enter Login id, password, TNS database, connect as : normal, oracle client setting, click on OK.
4. Receive warning message: "Quest code tester is unable to detect the backend objects needed to run properly. Please connect to a different schema or install public synonyms for quest code tester by selecting Quest Software ->Quest Code Tester for Oracle->Administration-> Repository management in the windows program menu."
5. Go to the above mentioned path and choose "Rebuild Quest Code Tester backend" radio button. Click on Next.
6. Fill out User Name, Password, Database, Connect Using and click on Next.
7. Receive pop-up message "A quest code tester repository cannot be found. Upgrade version -18.104.22.1687. Continue with requested action". Click on OK.
8. Quest code tester repository wizard displays which shows Step 3: Processing..Quest code tester will now perform the rebuild.
9. Then the status changes to Step 4: The requested repository action has completed.
10. If you repeat step 1 to 3 and you get the same warning as step 4.
Bad installation of Quest Code Tester For Oracle
Drop all schemas that contain a Code Tester backend and install again.
The log file contained error messages like:
ORA-01775: looping chain of synonyms
ORA-01950: no privileges on tablespace 'XXXXXXXX'
When you install you must specify a tablespace that is available to the user. Run the following query:
Select count(*) From user_tables Where table_name like 'QU_%'
There should be 33.