I would like to copy my Project Manager contents/inventory which include connections and passwords to another SQL Navigator user or machine
In version, 6.4 there was a file called Project.WSF.
What files do I need to copy to another v6.7 user so that they can access my Project Manager content?
Use the Profile Manager to migrate all user settings and data files including Project Manager.Profile Manager (ProfileManager.exe).
Profile manager is located under Start|All Programs|Quest Software|SQL Navigator X.X
1.Closed down SQL Navigator
2. Run the ProfileManager.exe under Start|All Programs|Quest Software|SQL Navigator X.X, do a backup user profile to save the backup file with ext .prof to disk.
3. Copy the .prof file to other PC
4. Close down SQL Navigator on the PC you are transferring the settings to
5. Run the ProfileManager.exe under Start|All Programs|Quest Software|SQL Navigator X.X, do a Restore user profile
6. Settings including passwords and connections will be imported
This Project.WSF is with the Application Data Directory.
With SQL Navigator closed, it can be copied from one folder to another.
In Windows 7, C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\Quest Software\SQL Navigator 6.7.0
In Windows XP, C:\Documents and Settings\<user_name>\Application Data\Quest Software\SQ Navigator 6.4.0