The following Errors occur once the National Language Support Level option was changed to multi-byte and SQL Nav was restarted. Errors occur at connection:
"Error -2147418113 has occurred"
"Access violation at address 04B723E8. Read of address 00000000"
1. Close SQL Navigator
2. Select Start | Run and enter REGEDIT
3. Go to My Computer | HKEY_CURRENT_USER | Software | Quest Software | SQL Navigator <version number> | Preferences | General node
4. On the right hand side, right-click on Unicode Support Level and select Modify
5. Change value to zero
6. Reopen SQL Navigator
7. Under View | Preferences | Session, uncheck "Enable using DBA dictionary views" option
8. Check "Use OCI v7" option
9. Set the National Language Support Level option to multi-byte
10. Hit OK to exit Options