User had an issue where SQL Navigator crashed. User rebooted the machine but when using SQL Navigator they are no longer to compile any procedures. Instead they get an error, 'ORA-03113: end-of-file communication channel.' User has tried reinstalling SQL Navigator but the issue still occurs.
The issue corrupted the SQL Navigator registry.
Reset SQL Navigator's registry entries. These do not get removed or reset during a uninstallation/reinstallation.
WARNING: Manually changing registry items can damage your computer software environment. Make backups where necessary or contact your network administrator to make the changes needed.
1. Shut down SQL Navigator.
2. Open the registry editor by going to Start | Run | "regedit"
3. Browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER | Software | Quest Software.
4. Locate the SQL Navigator folder. You may have more than one depending on previous and concurrent installs.
5. Rename the problematic SQL Navigator folder to "SQL Navigator OLD"
6. Start up SQL Navigator and the settings will have been reset to default.
7. Retest the issue.