Spotlight on Oracle would intermittently freeze, cpu reaches 100% and application becomes Not Responding. This could happen with or without StealthCollect.
Usually occurs for a heavy loaded databases
To utilize the SpotlightLite template:
1. In Windows Explorer go to (typical) directory C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Spotlight\Plug-ins\SoO
2. Copy the file SpotlightonOracleLite.stx to (typical) directory C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Spotlight\Console\Templates
3. Now run Spotlight, and create a Spotlight new connection to the database, with the same database, user and password as the existing connection.
4. Start the connection. A dialog will pop up: "Select the template to use for this connection". Select "SpotlightonOracleLite" and run the connection.
5. Remain on the home page, and examine the performance of Spotlight.
With the Lite template, the I/O query will not execute until the user enters the I/O drill down. Also the Database Files section of the home page will not be populated.