What the copy/append command does not support
The copy/append command does not support:
• Copying from a higher version of Oracle to a lower version of Oracle.
• Copying from a table to a view.
• UDTs or VARRAYs if the UDT or VARRAY type was not created on the target database
using Oracle's Import/Export utility or Oracle's hot backup. This is a limitation
in Oracle's import/export facility.
• Tables in replication that are horizontally or vertically partitioned.
• Tables for which transformation is being used, unless the transformation is being
applied on the target, as well.
• Network configurations in which a pass-through server is used to pass data between
the source and target servers.
• Indexes, constraints, triggers, and grants options.
• Direct load.