Unix server sulog contains the following messages:
SU 05/03 10:12 - pts/0 <user>-<user>
SU 05/03 10:13 - pts/0 oracle-oracle
These messages are generated by shareplex manager trying to connect to oracle and failing. Common causes are:
1. The <user> password has changed.
2. The <user> account is locked.
3. su command is disabled for the <user>.
4. Direct logon by the <user> is disabled
1. If the <user> password has changed, configure shareplex manager with the new password. Follow this procedure each time the <user> password changes.
As a general rule this message is generated by shareplex manager failing to connect. However, it is also possible to encounter this issue if shareplex monitoring scripts are using and failing at the "su" command.
NOTE: It is recommended to create a separate shareplex manager user who is in the spadmin or spoper group (do not use oracle user). With this approach the worst thing that happens is that shareplex manager no longer collects data, but the oracle account does not get locked.