Capture errors out with the following messages in the Capture log (*ocap* log):
Notice: too many CHANGE # vectors
Supplemental logging may have been disabled while replication was still running.
1. Check to see if supplemental logging has been disabled by the following command:
SQL> select SUPPLEMENTAL_LOG_DATA_MIN from v$database;
2. If the output is something like below, then it is not enabled:
3. Enable supplemental logging with:
SQL>ALTER DATABASE ADD SUPPLEMENTAL LOG DATA;
4. Make a copy of the currently active config file and activate it.
This should resolve it. Otherwise contact Support for further investigation.
1. The resolution applies to a specific situation only. There may be other reasons for seeing this error.
2. The supplemental logging enabled in our example is minimal supplemental logging. See solution # SOL46293 for more on other types of supplemental logging.