At times one may have to move the product directory (also referred as proddir) to another location. Or expressed another way, one wants to clone the proddir. There are some steps that need to be followed when doing so.
The following steps can be performed to move the product directory of Shareplex to a new location:
1. Shutdown Shareplex
2. Copy the contents of the product directory to new location (tar and untar to new directory)
3. Make sure that ownership/permissions are appropriate
4. If using any environment variable for product directory, change it to reflect the new value. Modify the UNIX environment variable PATH to reflect the new value for product directory
5. In Shareplex 5.x and below drop and recreate links in directory /var/adm/.splex/<Shareplex version>/libxx to point to new location for Shareplex /proddir/lib (where xx refers to Oracle version, proddir refers to Shareplex product directory)
6. In Shareplex 6.x and above modify ~/.shareplex/install.conf file and update the <proddir> location to reference the new one.
7. Restart Shareplex