Sp_cop does not start and exits with error: "The host ID or operating system entered does not match data encoded in the key. - exiting"
Bad license key
1) Test that problem is a bad license key issue by applying a temporary SharePlex license key:
- Shutdown Shareplex. Make sure that all SharePlex processes exit, if not kill : UNIX: ps -ef| grep sp_
- Go to prodir/install directory and run "splex_add_key"
- Enter temporary license key
2) Restart SharePlex.
3) If able to restart sp_cop, this proves that the problem was a bad license key.
4) Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a new permanent SharePlex license key.