Procedure to reorganize a table on the source
The best way is to take the tables out of replication, reorganize the table both on source and target and put these three back in replication. Reactivation of these tables, depending on the size of the tables might take some time.
To move a table to another tablespace, use the following procedure, which enables SharePlex to update its object cache after the table is moved to the new tablespace:
1. sp_ctrl(sysA)> copy config filename to newname.
2. sp_ctrl(sysA)> edit config newname.
3. Locate the line containing the table that you are moving, and use a pound symbol (#) to comment it out of the file, as shown in the following example.
# scott.emp scott.emp sysB@o.oraB
4. Save the new configuration file.
5. Stop user access to the table.
6. Activate the new configuration.
sp_ctrl(sysA)> activate config newname
7. Reorg Table.
8. Activate the original configuration, which includes the uncommented entry for the table.
sp_ctrl(sysA)> activate config filename
9. Grant users access to the table.