The steps below represent how you can enforce a blackout of alarms. This prevents the rules from firing for the Stream or Instance types selected and thereby elimate any associated alarms and alerts. Blackouts can only configured for Streams that have already been discovered.
1) Login to SharePlex Manager (i.e., http://localhost:8080
) with administrative equivalent user (i.e., foglight/foglight)
2) Open the left navigation panel and locate "Administration" under "Homes" section
3) Under Support select "Blackouts"
4) In the "Create and Remove Blackouts" screen select either of the two available options (create one-time or scheduled blackouts).
5) Select opiton to "Suspend Alarms", click 'Next'.
6) Select "Advanced Search (All Types), click 'Next'.
7) In the search filter box type "Stream" (this will faciliate locating the proper type)
8) Expand "SharePlexStream" node
9) Select the Stream or Streams to blackout, click 'Next' (NOTE: ensure checkbox for "Include Child Objects" is also selected)
10) Select a time span or schedule to apply for the Blackout, click 'Next'.
11) Assign a name to the Blackout and reason, click 'Finish'.
The Blackout configuration is now complete. The blackout will apply to all selected SharePlexStream types for the duration or schedule selected