OpenSSL is required for QoreStor to generate the self-signed certificate and key qs_default_cert.crt and qs_default_cert.key.
There is a small chance that OpenSSL is not installed on the system at the moment QoreStor is installed so the following is logged on configuration.log:
sidewinder.pem file is missing, but unable to create a new file due to missing KEY or CRT file
Consequently, the ocahttp service fails to start as it registered on ocahttp.log
server failed to start - no TLS certificates found
1. Connect to a SSH session as superuser root and uninstall QoreStor ->/opt/qorestor/bin/qs_uninst -a
2. Then install OpenSSL -> yum install openssl
3. Run the QoreStor installer again.
1. Connect to an SSH session as the superuser root and install OpenSSL -> yum install openssl
2. Generate the self certificate and key with the command below:
req -new -x509 -nodes -sha256 -days 11465 -config /opt/qorestor/bin/qs_cert.cfg
-keyout /etc/oca/qs_default_cert.key -out /etc/oca/qs_default_cert.crt
3. Concatenate certificate and key into the sideinder.pem file: cat /etc/oca/qs_default_cert.crt /etc/oca/qs_default_cert.key > /var/ocarina/sidewinder.pem
4. Set the permissions -> chmod 644
5. Restart the QoreStor service -> systemctl restart ocards