The password for the account that PA uses to login to monitored database has been changed by using the Verify Accounts option in the Support Tool and PA works, however, now the GUI is generating an error (see the attached screenshot) and in the logs there is the following:
2008-08-04 11:26:52.73 logon Login failed for user 'xxxx'
The proprietary method for alterning the service log-in credentials has failed to complete successfully.
Run a Telnet collector/middleware hostname 3566 and this must connect from the PC with the PA GUI client.
1. Stop the Middleware ‘QAM Launcher <port>’ service in Windows Services.
2. Open the quest_sc_mw.cfg file with a text editor. The file should be located in the following location on the middleware host:
3. Find the db element within the xml file.
(ie <db sid="<INSTANCE>" pass="<encrypted value>" port="<#>" user="<Domain\LoginID>”…)
4. Remove the encrypted value for the password sting and save the file.
(ie <db sid="<INSTANCE>" pass="" port="<#>" user="<Domain\LoginID>”…)
5. Restart the Middleware ‘QAM Launcher <port>’ Service.
6. Run Verify Accounts by clicking Start | Programs | Quest Software | Performance Analysis | Agent Administration | Support Utilities | Connection of problematic instance
7. Select "Verify Accounts" and this will check the StealthCollect connections.
8. When prompted, enter the correct password.