This is the error in the Event viewer. The install is performed using an administrator account.
Service cannot be started. System.FormatException: String was not recognized as a valid Boolean.
at System.Boolean.Parse(String value)
And another message we see "Error 1920. Service On Demand Migration for Active Directory Agent (ODMActiveDirectory) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services"
What is causing this?
Verify whether you have sufficient right by follow the steps below:
1. Click on Start and type ‘Edit Group Policy’ and press ENTER.
2. Navigate to Group Policy Object Editor | Local Computer Policy.
3. In the console tree, navigate to Computer Configuration | Windows Settings | Security Settings | Local Policies |User Rights Assignment.
4. In the details pane, double-click Log on as a service.
5. Click Add User or Group.
6. Add the account to the list of accounts that have the Log on as a service right.
Confirm the Windows Installer service is started and enabled:
1. Click on Start and type ‘Services.msc’ and press ENTER.
2. Right-click the Windows Installer service, and then click Properties.
3. If the Startup type box is set to Disabled, change it to Automatic.
4. Click OK to close the Properties window.
5. Right-click the Windows Installer service, and then click Start.
Contact your administrator if this is not resolved. The agent is working as designed but something in the environment is preventing the installation.