The NetVault database backup includes the logs, so if you need to you can get the logs back. Restoring the logs doesn’t overwrite the current logs. It will create a folder in the logs directory with the log files from the backup. You can then install NetVault Backup on another computer and replace the logs directory with what was restored, so it doesn’t impact your production server.
1. In the restore window browse the NetVault database backup and select only the logs.
2. Because this is a NetVault Database restore the service may restart or stop. Restart the NetVault service if nessesary.
3. Install NetVault Backup server on another computer and stop the NetVault service.
4. Copy the files from the [NetVault Home]/logs/log_restored_[DATE] folder to the log directory on the other computer.
5. Restart the service and open the GUI. In the log window change the filter to "First Event' and view the logs.