If the NetVault Process manager service in a server has no permission to access the share, than the backup of that share fails.
If the share being backed up have the permission changed, and the account used to start the NetVault Process Manager service no longer can access that share, than the backup of that share will fail.
- Open a command Line as Administrator on the NV server machine and type services.msc or somehow get to the Services list on the NV backup server machine.
- Find a Service named "NetVault Process Manager" on the list of services on the Windows Services and right click on it and select Properties
- Click on the Logon Tab and check if LogON as: Local System or This Account is selected.
- If LogON as: Local System is currently selected try the following as a test .
Change Logon As to select This Account and enter a Domain account under which you are able to map a drive or connect from the machine DNONSAP001 to the share \\DNS-name-or-IP-Address-of-Client\Share-name\Folder\File.ext
-Make sure to use a Domain Account in the form of Domain\Accountname and the Domain account password.
- Make sure that if you make changes to LogON As: you first stop and start the NetVault Process Manager services before trying to run the backup again.
-If you want to test without running the backup again, you can do it by just Opening the Netvault GUI and Clicking on the Backup and Double-clicking on the NetVault Backup Server machine and double-clicking on FileSystem and trying to browse in the Backup window the CIFS Share \\DNS-name-or-IP-Address-of-Client\Share-name\Folder\File.ext.
Another easy way to test this is to click on My Computer and paste the following Share Address \\DNS-name-or-IP-Address-of-Client\Share-name\Folder\File.ext on the Windows Explorer Address (NOT the Browser address but the Windows Explorer Address field when you click on My Computer). and press enter and when asked, you use the same Domain Account that you used above to configure the Properties of the "NetVault Process Manager" on the list of services on the Windows Services as mentioned above.