For reporting purposes, one may have a requirement to list all currently scheduled NVBU jobs.
The NVBU "Job Management" window will list Scheduled jobs highlighted in blue, but this window will also include completed and running jobs and can be difficult to view on busy server as it keeps refreshing and constantly requires you to scroll up / down.
To produce a list containing only NVBU scheduled jobs, one may proceed in 2 different ways:
1) Using NVGUI:
On the GUI under Job Management you can further filter your view to only show the scheduled jobs.
This is achieved as follows:
- NVGUI > Job Management > top left hand corner click on the Set Filter icon
- a window appears offering several filters
- in the top right corner there is the "Job status" frame
- deselect the "Running Jobs" and "Completed Jobs" check boxes leaving only "Scheduled Jobs"
- click OK and the Job Management window will now only show Scheduled jobs
2) Using CLI:
If you need to get this information into a file for reporting or better consolidated view we can use the CLI command 'nvjoblist'.
To do that run the command from netvault/util directory, the following way:
For Linux: ./nvjoblist -runinfo | grep "Scheduled" > /tmp/scheduled_jobs.txt
For Windows: nvjoblist -runinfo | find "Scheduled" > C:\scheduled_jobs.txt
This will produce a list of only scheduled jobs to a file called "scheduled_jobs.txt" under the desired path.
The list can then be opened later on using Excel for instance for better view.