While Oracle Database in mounted mode, Level 0 Backup using APM completes properly. But if run Level 1 differential backup, it gives error:Information 2015/07/31 18:11:11 430 Data Plugin xxx RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
WHEN ALL THESE 3 ARE MET:
- End user is selecting Oracle Disk as a destination (not NetVault media)
- Database is in mount mode (not open)
- Level 1 backup is intended
In this case the end user must explicitly exclude not desired tablespaces in the backup selection. I.e, in the NetVault GUI (NVBU 9.2), expand the All Tablespaces node. With the All Tablespaces node selected, then all the tablespaces will be implicitly selected. Click in the tablespace that you want to exclude from backup, in this case TEMP. That tablespace will show as crossed and will not be included in the backup.
OTHER POSSIBLE WORKAROUND:
Note that these are alternatives, the proposed solution is above.
Solution_2) Have the database open.
(when the database is open, the plug-in is able to automatically exclude temporary tablespaces)
Solution_3) Use NetVault media as a destination of the backups
- When backups are to NetVault media, changed blocks of data are backup. When backups are to Oracle disk, a copy image of the oracle files is maintained in disk. A level 1 will update the copy image in disk.
- Generally when All Tablespaces are selected, the plug-in can rely into Oracle to backup all tablespaces, and Oracle will automatically exclude temporary tablespaces. When a copy image update is to be done, in this case the plug-in would need to explicitly list the tablespaces.
- When the database is open. The plug-in is able to exclude automatically temporary tablespaces. When the database is not open, the plug-in is not able do so.
With a destination set to Oracle disk, for level 1, the plug-in has to explicitly list the tablespaces. With a not open database the plug-in will be not able to exclude automatically temporary tablespaces.
However, the solution is that of creating a backup selection in which it excludes tablespaces that are not to be backup. I.e., expand the All Tablespaces node and cross the tablespaces not to be backup.