Prerequisites for installing the Hyper-V 10.0.1 Plugin.
Before installing Plug-in for Hyper-V, verify that the following prerequisites are met on the system designated as the Hyper-V Server:
• Install PowerShell and configure the execution policy: Before you can use Plug-in for Hyper-V, PowerShell must be installed on the Hyper-V Server and the execution policy must be set to RemoteSigned. You can install PowerShell from the Server Manager on the Hyper-V Server.
After you have installed it, run the following command from the PowerShell command prompt:
• Install Integration Services: The Integration Services must be installed on the VM from the Hyper-V Server.
• Install NetVault Backup Server and Client software: At a minimum, the NetVault Backup Client software must be installed on the Hyper-V Server. For instructions on installing the NetVault Backup Client software and adding the Hyper-V Server as a Heterogeneous Client, see the NetVault Backup Installation Guide.
• Install NetVault Backup Client software on at least one node in a cluster: If you are using the plug-in in a cluster, install the NetVault Backup Client software on at least one node within the cluster.
That node ensures that all the VMs in the cluster are protected.
• Install NetVault Backup Client software on each node that manages local VMs and VMs that reside on an SMB: If you are using a designated node (or nodes) to manage local VMs or to manage VMs located on an SMB file server, install the NetVault Backup Client software on that node (or nodes).
Further information regarding installing and configuring the Hyper-V 10.0.1 Plugin, as well performing backup and restore jobs, can be found in the Hyper-V 10.0.1 Plugin Users Guide on the following link: