Directory exporter may fail with the following error:
"11:39:14 ERROR: [2336-122-33-80040E14] Unable to perform BULK INSERT into database
11:39:14 Open(BULK INSERT FROM '\\MACHINENAME\C$\Program Files\Quest Software\Quest Notes Migrator for Exchange\T_NMEObjects-MACHINENAME_3792.tsv' INTO 'T_NMEObjects'):
11:39:14 Error: Cannot bulk load because the file "\\MACHINENAME\C$\Program Files\Quest Software\Quest Notes Migrator for Exchange\T_NMEObjects-MACHINENAME-3792.tsv" could not be opened. Operating system error code 5(Access is denied.).
11:39:14 Error 80040E14"
This issue may be caused if the account being used to connect to the database does not have the needed privileges to perform a BULK INSERT. This often occurs when the SA account is specified when configuring the SQL server.
There are two possible solutions to this issue:
1. Create a new login with SQL Management Studio.
2. Assign the new account the appropriate rights for the nme40db database.
3. From within Notes Migrator for Exchange (NME) 4.0, change the SQL Server Configuration to reflect the new account in the credentials section.
4. Attempt the directory export again.
By default with SQL Express, the SA account cannot be assigned certain security roles on a database. This prevents a BULK INSERT from being performed if the SA account does not hold the correct rights.
1. Please ensure the Bulk Import Directory you specify under the SQL Server configuration is local to the database. The local SQL Service account needs to be able to read from the specified Bulk Import Directory to insert the data from the created tsv into the Notes Migrator database.