When calendar or mail synchronization is performed and the name of mailbox store or mailbox storage group contains commas, the Agent can not move user mailboxes to this mailbox store. In this case synchronization does not occur and the following error message appears in the agent's log file:
Error : 34
The distinguished name has an invalid syntax (LDAP_INVALID_DN_SYNTAX). LDAP search failed. Base: ' AU\, SG,CN=InformationStore,CN=DSI-GBH-EXVS1,CN=Servers,CN=Administrative Group DSI-GBH,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=ADPDSI,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=dsiroot,DC=ad,DC=adp,DC=com', filter '(objectClass=*)', level: LDAP_SCOPE_BASE. (ldap_search_s).
This is caused by mailbox stores, or mailbox storage groups having a comma in their name.
To resolve this issue, please download the 20080317 hotfix from the following location: https://support.quest.com/SUPPORT/index?page=downloadsentitlement&file=2305991
To install the update, complete the following steps:
1. Close Migration Manager Console.
2. Unzip and run the MigrationManager_8.1_Update_20080317.exe file on the computer running Migration Manager Console.
3. Complete the update installation wizard.
4. Run Migration Manager Console, on the Exchange Data tab right-click the Exchange Migration Project (top of the tree) and select Hotfix Installation Wizard from the shortcut menu.
5. Follow the wizard steps to install the hotfixes on all computers running QMM agents.
The installation doesn't affect existing settings. All your projects remain intact and can be continued after installation.
Issue resolved in hotfix.