From the Migration Manager for Exchange Console:
1. Go to the Collection | right click Properties
2. Select the Filters node in the dialog box that appears, and specify item types (message classes) to be excluded from the migration scope.
There are two options to exclude specific item type from the scope:
- Skip messages older than
If this option is selected, Migration Agent for Exchange will skip all specified calendar item types or certain types of calendar items that are older than a specified number of days.
- Skip all messages of the following classes
If this option is selected, Migration Agent for Exchange will skip all specified calendar item types or certain types of calendar items regardless of their age.
Caution: Use separate line for every item type.
Use the following syntax for item types:
Skips all Appointments.
Skips all calendar items of the IPM.Configuration type and its subtypes.
- You can use an asterisk wildcard character in names of item types.
- For the list of basic item types, see the Item Types and Message Classes article. You may also use third party tools to specific determine item types.
When specifying filters for a collection, consider the following:
- Specified filter settings apply only starting with the next synchronization session.
- If migration scope enlarges, calendar items that were previously skipped and now are included in the migration scope will not be migrated unless they are modified or you perform a full resynchronization for the mailbox.
- If migration scope narrows down, already migrated calendar items will not be deleted from target mailbox regardless of their presence in the migration scope even if you perform a full resynchronization for the mailbox.