The following error is written in Mail Source Agent log file:
1/1/2006 1:01:11 PM CMBRedir::Connect Error -520093652 Error 0xe100002c. Cannot make the LDAP connection with host: port: 389. LDAP error 0x51. Server Down (empty).
In this particular scenario name resolution was not working properly and instead of resolving the problem correctly, the administrator used the host file. The SQL server was specified using the IP address of the server instead of NETBIOS name.
NETBIOS name resolution is a requirement and should work.
In the Migration Manager Project, the SQL server should be specified using the NETBIOS name. This name should be resolvable and the server should be accessible from all involved computers.
After all name resolution problems have been resolved the MSA config.ini (which contains, amongst all settings, the information about the ADAM server) needs to be updated.
Follow these steps:
1. Open Exchange Migration Project.
2. Select Tools | Defaults.
3. In opened window on left side highlight "Mail Source Agent"
4. In right pane window press "Restore defaults" and commit with OK.
5. After a while go to Tools | Defaults.
6. In opened window on left side highlight "Mail Source Agent".
7. In right pane window press "Select ADAM Server".
8. Verify the opened window contains valid information and click "Connect" and then OK.
9. In right pane window select the checkbox "Apply these properties to all instances of Mail Source Agent".
10. Press OK.
11. After the process is finished, verify the log confirms the changes have been applied successfully.
In Exchange Migration Project expand the source organization and navigate to the particular source server, right-click and select Properties. Highlight Mail Source Agent and verify you are able to select the ADAM server.
After you have performed all these steps, the config.ini of the Mail Source Agent should be populated and if you start the Agent (after a while) the error should disappear from the MSA log file.