Sync is looping and the error message similar to the following is found in the dsa.log file:
11/02/11 11:39:48 (GMT+01:00) Target JobID:0 -> Handler CacheHandler started with 13 objects
11/02/11 11:39:48 (GMT+01:00) Target JobID:0 -> Cache Handler will try to find objects in the cache
10/25/11 11:31:23 (GMT+01:00) Target JobID:0 -> Cache Handler found in cache LDAP://dc.domain.com/CN=user,OU=Users,DC=domain,DC=com
10/25/11 11:31:23 (GMT+01:00) Common Error 0xe1000010. Attribute ADsPath not found in object
This can be caused by one of the following:
- A known issue in Migration Manager 8.8. The DSA attempts to put the names of objects into the log file, and some internal use only objects in the cache do not have an associated distinguishedName.
- Synchronization/Migration is configured to skip distinguishedName, OU and CN attributes and/or a full resync did not clear the DSA cache.
1) stop the synchronization job(s)
2) Install DSA updates 20110923 and 20111025 from https://support.quest.com/Search/SolutionDetail.aspx?id=SOL77417
3) On the server hosting the DSA, update registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\AeDSACtrl_ServerName\Config\AD_Target_Part set Infolevel to 0x10 (default value is 0x20)
4) For every object class make sure distinguishedName, OU and CN attributes are *not* selected to be skipped.
5) On the server hosting the DSA:
- Right click on My Computer | Manage
- Go to Services and Applications Expand Message Queuing
- Expand Private Queues
- Expand guid_linkchanges queue, right-click Queue messages, select All Tasks -> Purge
- Expand System Queues
- Right-click transactional dead-letter messages queue, select All Tasks -> Purge
6) verify that %ProgramFiles%\Quest Software\Migration Manager\DSA\cache.dll file has version 22.214.171.124 or higher, if not, then hotfix 20110923 was not installed properly
7) start DSA in full resync mode
As per release notes "Attribute 'name' should be used to skip instead of skipping the following attributes: distinguishedName, cn, ou."