Some of the computers are in Pending state and nothing can be done, the procedure cannot be canceled, rebooting the server or restarting the Quest RUM Controller Service doesn't help.
This may occur when multiple users RDP into the console and use RUM simultaneously, sometimes using different credentials.
This is not supported and it breaks the tool.
- Open the services.msc and try to stop the Quest RUM Controller Service.
If this takes (unusually) long time start the Task Manager, select the checkbox to Show processes from all users and verify how many QcResourceUpdatingManager.exe processes are running, stop them all.
- Start the Quest RUM Controller Service, start RUM.
- If computers are still in Pending state and cannot be worked with then they the following:
- Create a temp Group (in 8.6.1 and lower) and move all affected computers into this group, when done delete the group together with computers.
- Now create a new group, configure it accordingly (eg. Cleanup or Discover) and add the failed computers again.
- Even if they are showing as pending start the task and they should be processed properly.
Important: RUM should not be used by multiple users simultaneously.
If this is needed then upgrade to QMM 8.7 and use the new feature which allows to install multiple RUM instances.