It is required to use Metalogix.DBDeployment.exe
utility in the environment to export required SharePoint dependencies zip package from SharePoint Farm Server and import the same zip package in the client machine in order to make a successful DB connection.
Utility Usage Guide:
This utility deploys the dependencies required for SharePoint 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 or Subscription Edition databases connections.
This utility has multiple actions:
- export action -> Create the SharePoint dependencies zip package from the SharePoint Farm Server machine.
The export action will only run in SharePoint Farm Server.
- import action ->. It will first remove any pre-existing SharePoint DB adapter dependencies from the client machine and after that It will deploy the SharePoint dependencies from zip package.
The import action will only run in client machine.
- remove action -> removing the deployed DB adapter dependencies.
action = export | import | remove
path = Directory Path for export package | Zip path to import package
Examples: >> Metalogix.DBDeployment.exe export “C:\PathName”
>> Metalogix.DBDeployment.exe import “C:\PathName\SP2013Package.zip”
>> Metalogix.DBDeployment.exe remove
Steps to be executed to fix the issue in client machine
Let us take an example if the user wants to connect SharePoint 2019 DB server in client machine.Prerequisites:
Step 1: Export
- 188.8.131.52 or above version of “Content Matrix Console – SharePoint Edition” must be installed on client machine.
- Locate the utility from the install location. The default installation path is
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Metalogix\Content Matrix Consoles\Metalogix.DBDeployment.exe"
- Copy Metalogix.DBDeployment.exe utility from client machine to SharePoint Farm Server.
For Example, let’s copy Metalogix.DBDeployment.exe utility from client machine and paste in SharePoint 2019 Farm server at "C:\DBAdapterUtility" location.
Step 2: Import
- Run ‘Command Prompt’ as Administrator in SharePoint 2019 Farm server and change directory to "C:\DBAdapterUtility" where utility is present.
- Run the command: Metalogix.DBDeployment.exe export "C:\DBAdapterUtility" SharePoint dependencies zip package will be created in "C:\DBAdapterUtility" location.
- Copy the exported zip package from server machine and paste in client machine.
i.e. Let’s copy SP2019Package.zip to "C:\ClientMachineDbPackage" in client machine where user wants to create SP2019 DB connection.
- It is required to stop Content Matrix while the configuration if it is running in client machine
- In client machine, run ‘Command Prompt’ as Administrator and change directory to Content Matrix install location.
Use Metalogix.DBDeployment.exe utility from the and import the SharePoint DB dependencies in client machine.
i.e. Run the command:
Metalogix.DBDeployment.exe import "C:\ClientMachineDbPackage\SP2019Package.zip" and a 2019 DB adapter will be deployed in the client machine .
Now user can establish successful SharePoint 2019 DB Server connection and perform migration using Database adapter.