This resolution contains a PowerShell script which uses nuget.exe to download required files and create a combined zip package containing all the dependencies, which can be then copied to install location by the end user.
Note: User will require PowerShell version 3.0 or later to run this script.
- Go to https://www.nuget.org/downloads
- Download the latest recommended release of nuget.exe command line
- Unblock nuget.exe file if it is blocked by right clicking > Properties > Unblock
- Download attached CreatePackage.ps1 file.
Note: Both nuget.exe and CreatePackage.ps1 should be present in same location.
- Unblock CreatePackage.ps1 if it is blocked by right clicking > Properties > Unblock.
- Open Windows PowerShell as administrator and navigate to the folder the two files were downloaded to.
- Run CreatePackage.ps1 script as shown below, and press Enter.
Note: Running CreatePackage.ps1 will download packages from https://www.nuget.org and wraps them into a zip file. For more details, please review the script before running.
- You will be prompted to enter the folder path to save the zip file. Type path and press Enter
- The script will run and will create a zip file named “SharePointModernizationPackage.zip” at entered location
- In Windows Explorer, extract the zip file contents to Content Matrix Console - SharePoint Edition install location. For instance, “C:\Program Files (x86)\Metalogix\Content Matrix Consoles\SharePoint Edition”.
- User needs to have administrator rights to perform this step, and overwrite any files found to already exist in the install location.
- After performing required steps, when the user restarts Content Matrix and performs “Convert Classic Pages to Modern Pages” action the below warning message should be displayed. On clicking Yes, this action will run.
- After reading Understanding and configuring the page transformation model , if you would like to configure the default page transformation model, file "WebPartMappings.xml" is located under the Content Matrix Console - SharePoint Edition install location.
- It is recommended to restart SharePoint Edition after editing this file. Modifying the page transformation model is not supported by Quest, so please reach out to the PNP community with any concerns or question you might have.
Contributors: Minit J., Andrew A.