1. Open your Metalogix Archive Manager - Files Edition console.
2. Navigate to the file server that contains the content you wish to restore.
3. Navigate to Archive --> Archive - Restore and select the Folders / Files that you wish to restore.
*Note. If you select a folder to restore, a single click will only select files within that specific folder only. If you select the folder a second time, it will also select any sub folders that exist.
4. Click on the Restore button.
5. Once the Restore has completed, click on the Show Details checkbox and monitor any errors. The error above is typical, especially in restores that contain many documents. This just means that the archived file originally on the file server was less than 4kb before we archived it. If a file is less than 4kb, we do not convert the item to a shortcut. So Essentially upon restore, we ignore these files as an original copy already exists on the server.
Additionally, if you select a large number of items, or a number of larger items, it will take the restore some time to complete. Also, if you goal is to restore all of the archived content and leave it restored. You need to make certain that your Archive Jobs are stopped. Otherwise, all of this restored data will get archived again the next time the job runs.