I have an old version of Archive Manager. How can I upgrade to the latest version?
Note: All versions of Archive Manager from 8.0 and higher have instructions built into the installer and no other documentation or steps are needed
Need to upgrade Archive Manager from a Legacy version
The upgrade path for Archive Manager is the following:
5.3 → 6.1 → 7.0 → 7.2 → 7.3 → 7.4
After upgrading to 7.4 you can download the newest version of Metalogix Archive Manager from the Quest website and follow instructions built into the installer.
Please ensure that you complete the upgrades in order, versions should never be skipped during the upgrade process.
We now have a full Quick Take which goes through the entire upgrade process of an upgrade from Archive Manager 7.4 to 8.0. To view this check here: https://metalogix-academy.wistia.com/medias/6bwtfjuetv
Important! Metalogix Archive Manager Exchange Edition 8.0 does not support Exchange 2007. Exchange 2007 and Outlook 2007 are no longer supported by Microsoft.
Please keep in mind some notes for the upgrade process:
1. When asked for credentials, the software is always asking for the credentials for the Metalogix SuperUser Account. If you are unsure what account is being used for your SuperUser, please check the services for Archive Manager.
2. If you are asked to restart the server during the upgrade you should select the option to restart later. If you choose to restart when asked you will need to re-run the installer upon the server starting again to continue the process and select repair on components that have already been upgraded.
3. You can expect to receive a few errors/warnings about Public Folders and the SuperUser rights during upgrades of Metalogix Archive Manager Exchange Edition. These components have already been setup in your environment and therefore the installer does not need to perform these steps since they are already in place.
4. The longest part of the upgrade by far is the SQL Database scripts. The scripts which must run to upgrade the SQL databases may run in a few minutes or a few hours depending on the size of the databases. Once the scripts start please allow them to finish as cancelling the script before it completes may cause irreversible damage to the database.
5. Finally we always recommend taking a backup of the Archive Server and the SQL databases before starting an upgrade. While most upgrades run without issues, if a problem does occur it’s always good to have a backup than can be restored.
**Note when upgrading Metalogix Archive Manager 6.x to 7: Ensure that ArchiveWeb is selected on the components screen when upgrading. Upgrading from Archive Manager 6.x to 7.0 will not select this by default as we have implemented a new ArchiveWeb system which does not recognize the old system.
**Office 365 Customers with Metalogix Archive Manager Exchange Editon: After the last upgrade is complete, you will need to perform an update to your Office 365 configuration on the servers tab in the Address Book Manager. To do this, right click your office 365 tenant on the servers list, select tasks -> Update Server. Follow through the wizard and click finish (no settings need to be changed). After this is complete right click your office 365 tenant and select tasks -> Autodiscover settings. Performing these steps will update the Office 365 connector and ensure that you can connect to mailboxes.
Archive Manager Download page:
ftp://MetalogixUser:7cGVBn6M@ftpamer1.quest.com/ (We recommend using an FTP solution such as Filezilla)
Supported Metalogix Archive Manager Exchange Edition versions:
Supported Metalogix Archive Manager Files Edition versions:
If you would be interested in having the upgrade performed as a professional service instead, please contact as at 800-306-9329 to obtain a quote.
If you have any questions or need any additional assistance, please open a case for support