Messages need to be restored to Exchange for a specific date range
Messages need to be restored for multiple mailboxes
If you need to restore data back to the Exchange mailboxes from the archive, this can be done using the Restore Wizard in Metalogix Archive Manager. To do this follow these steps:
1. Open the Metalogix Archive Manager console and switch to the Archive View
2. Expand one of your archive groups or search for a mailbox. Right click on any mailbox and choose the option for Restore wizard...
3. Select the option for Restore items filtered and click Next
4. The restore wizard is capable of performing restores on multiple mailboxes in one operation. By default the wizard will only have the mailbox you right clicked to bring up the menu selected. If you need to add additional mailboxes to this operation click the Add... button
5. Find each mailbox you need to restore messages for and click the down arrow to add each to the Selected objects. Click OK when finished
6. (optional) If you want to only restore messages for a specific date range, click the checkbox for Filter by date and select Change filter...
7. (optional) Specify the date range you need to restore messages for and click Apply
8. Click Next
9. Review the settings on the Summary page and click Finish to begin the restore
Once started, the restore process will begin scanning the selected mailboxes to find all messages that need to be restored. After the software is done scanning the mailboxes it will begin replacing shortcuts (stubs) in each of the mailboxes with the original message from the archive.