After upgrading the Database from MessageStats 5.x to 6.x you receive the following error when you launch the console:
Unable to locate license on <SQL ServerName> Unable to locate license information tables. Please verify that the database has been migrated to the current version.
You are also not able to right click on the Server node and add a new license without getting the same error.
The dbo.T_LicenseData Table was not created during the upgrade. Cause for this is undetermined.
On the MessageStats Database Server:
1. Open Query Analyzer and set the Database to MessageStats
2. Select File Open and navigate to c:\program files\quest software\MessageStats\SQL and choose the MessageStatsMigration.sql script.
3. Parse and Execute the script.
4. Check for the existence of the dbo.T_LicenseData Table.
1. Open the SQL 2005 Management Studio
2. Expand Databases
3. Right Click on the MessageStats Database and select New Query..
4. Select Open File from the toolbar
5. Navigate to c:\program files\quest software\MessageStats\SQL and choose the MessageStatsMigration.sql script.
6. On the Connect to Database Engine Dialogue Click Connect.
7. Parse and Execute the script.
8. Check for the existence of the dbo.T_LicenseData Table.
On the MessageStats Console Server
1. Open the Console
2. Right Click on the Server and Choose License.
From here you will be able to upgrade the license to MessageStats 6.x