How can Messagestats be configured to use a specific Global Catalog server specified in the Directory Access tab in Exchange System Manager?
If an Exchange Organization has multiple Global Catalog servers, MessageStats randomly picks up one of the Global Catalog servers returned by the Active Directory Domain Controller.
If the AD environment has more than one Global Catalog, Exchange System Manager uses the auto discovery of the Global Catalog in which case the following procedure can be followed to use a specific Global Catalog server using Exchange System Manager:
1. Launch Exchange System Manager.
2. Browse to Servers | ServerName, right-click and select Properties.
3. Select the "Directory Access" tab.
4. Under "Show", select Global Catalog Servers.
5. Uncheck "Automatically discover server" and click on "Add" button to add the desired GC.
NOTE: After making the changes above, the Exchange System Attendant service need to be restarted, which will impact the email services